You Need Cookies When?
So, what if the grands are popping by this afternoon for an impromptu visit, or they need Valentine sugar cookies for a program this evening…and there’s no time to bake?
No worries! Make frosted Valentine sugar cookies on the run!
Start with a package of sugar cookies
Use store-bought sugar cookie as your base and make use of the frostings in a tub and a tube to still have some fun decorating. Fast and easy, for sure.
The grands will have an easy time frosting the surface of the cookies with frosting from a tub as the cookies are firmer and do not break easily. The frosting is creamy, easy to spread and needs no drying time. Within seconds the little budding frosting artists will be able to use the decorator frostings to make the cookies one of a kind creations.
I purchased a small set of decorator tips that screw onto the ends of the frosting tubes to be used for decorating. They worked perfectly. It’s helpful to practice a bit before starting so you know what shape the tip will produce as you squeeze out the frosting. The kiddos will be glad to eat this up for you!
Hearts and more Hearts
Decorate with hearts to your hearts content! Can’t ever have enough hearts at Valentine’s Day…but don’t forget flowers, stripes and polka dots too.
Of course, there needs to be the option of sprinkles. Gently press them down into the frosting so they don’t roll everywhere when tipped.
It literally just takes minutes to have a tray of freshly decorated Valentine cookies. Put the lids on the frosting and pop it in the refrigerator to use again.
Valentine Sugar Cookies- even if you are on the run!
Send some pictures of the creations you make with or for your grandkids.
- Package(s) of purchased sugar cookies
- Tub of frosting in flavor you prefer (I chose vanilla/white)
- Tubes of frosting for decorating in colors you prefer (I chose pink, red, green)
- Tips for decorating that will fit on the end of the tubes of decorating frosting
- Frost the sugar cookies with frosting from the tub
- Place the decorator tips on the frosting tubes
- Practice making lines and designs with the frosting tips
- Decorate the sugar cookies with the frosting from the tubes
- Add sprinkles to the cookies
- Bring to your event or enjoy right away
Welcome to Nana’s! Where there’s fun things to do with your “grand” kids!
Come join the fun at www.WelcomeToNanas.com