Simmering Stovetop Potpourri
Heart Warming Christmas Scents are a quick and fun simmering stovetop potpourri to make for a host or hostess gift, a neighbor or for your own kitchen. The grands can help you pack them up and deliver them or start them simmering.
How simple is this?
Slice up half of an orange and half of a lemon, then add cloves, cinnamon sticks and bay leaves. OK, so my bay leaves have gone missing somewhere in the bottom of my deep freeze. I’ll find them before I make the next batch!
For a Host or Hostess Gift
For a hostess gift, pack them in a quart sized storage bag or a decorative Christmas plastic bag. Be sure to include the recipe that gives the instructions for how to add water and start them simmering to add a Heart Warming Christmas Scent to their home.
Christmas Scents for Your Home
For your own kitchen, place the simmering stovetop potpourri in a saucepan and add 4 cups of water. Bring the Christmas Scents to a boil and then turn the heat down so they simmer and send out the wonderful scent that fills the room!
Tip- be sure to check and add water as it simmers because over time the water evaporates away. Oh, and the Christmas Scents can be placed in the refrigerator and used again the next day!
Merry Christmas to all of you from Nana and Papa!
- 3 or more-4″ cinnamon sticks
- 3- bay leaves
- 1/4 cup whole cloves
- 1/2 lemon, sliced
- 1/2 orange, sliced
- 4 cups water
- Mix the first 5 ingredients together.
For a gift:
- Place in a quart sized storage bag or plastic gift bag.
- Add the instructions for simmering to the gift bag for the recipient to know how to use the potpourri.
- Place the first 5 ingredients and 4 cups water in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and then turn the heat down to a simmer.
- Add water to the saucepan as it simmers when needed, as water evaporates.
- Store in the refrigerator overnight and reuse if desired.
Welcome to Nana’s! Where there’s fun things to do with your “grand” kids!
Come join the fun at www.WelcomeToNanas.com